This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Jesse 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Jesse
    Artist

Hey,

My entry is focused on a blunderbuss that’s made a journey across Davy Jones’s Locker. The goal is to tell a story through the varied aspects of the weapons character. I’m in the modelling/blocking out stages and hope to get to painting early next week. I’m a little late to the game on this so there’s a lot to do.

Current state: Finished

Originally made for a Portuguese nobel, this blunderbuss is now wielded by a pirate captain who decorates it with the finger bones of his fallen victims. With a Portugal golden Real pounded into the buttstock for luck and the added blessing of some island voodoo veve’s for irresistibly in battle and success in combat painted on the opposite side, he charges into the fray.

screenshot012

screenshot011screenshot013screenshot015

Jesse
    Artist
    OP

Getting closer. Working on the finger bone bandoleer right now and then it’s on to the pouches. I’ll sculpt some detail after that and then it’s on to painting!

Blunderbuss 2Blunderbuss 1

Jesse
    Artist
    OP

Finished blocking out most of it. I’ll take it into zbrush next and get some nicer larger pieces of detail. Hoping to finish that and get it UVd this week and then get into painter next week to finish it all up.

190827_Blunderbuss 6190827_Blunderbuss 1190827_Blunderbuss 2

Jesse
    Artist
    OP

Finger bones leather weave. This will look a lot better once the bones have a good sculpt on them. To clean. This isn’t a surgeon’s weapon! It’s a pirates. Slash and hack!

190827_Blunderbuss 4

Jesse
    Artist
    OP

Buttstock leather wrap. The weapon was stolen off of a boarded Portuguese merchant ship. The leather strap is held in place by a Portuguese gold coin.

190822_Blunderbuss190827_Blunderbuss 3

Jesse
    Artist
    OP

Flintlock mech. Need to add the flint.

190827_Blunderbuss 5

Jesse
    Artist
    OP

Sculpt is done. UV and baking next.

Capture1Capture2Capture3Capture4Capture5

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.