This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Mike8917 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Mike8917
    Artist

Hey guys!

I wanted to share my progress on a character that I’m doing. I’m going for a dwarf, based loosely on this lovely concept by Joris Dewolf https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EYLNv. Just loved the boldness of the features and the giant head looks like it would be lots of fun to do ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m an environment artist in my day-to-day job, so this is all pretty uncharted territory for me! I’ve created a character before (if you could call it that. It was pretty terrible!), but this is my first real attempt at a character from scratch. I would really appreciate any feedback at this early stage, as there’s probably a lot of glaring errors that I’m not seeing. The flipped normals videos have helped me so much after a friend recommended them to me, partly what stimulated me to try my hand at characters.

01 (1)

So I started by creating this base mesh from a dynamesh sphere and then zremeshing, and then adjusting his proportions to resemble something closer to a dwarf. I then began to sculpt into him and add some muscle details.

And this is where I am at the moment

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike8917
    Artist
    OP

Hey guys,

Not much progress, but had a bit of time and managed to get a bit more done yesterday evening. Just started to layer on some detail on the face and the main beard

Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up