CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsOctober – HalloweenFlippedMormals Art Challenge – October – Spooky Jazz

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• glynnybob
    Artist

Hey all

This will be my WIP thread for this lil challenge and let’s see how far I can make it.

Since around October all I see online are skeletons playing instruments I thought why not hop the bandwagon into the 3D realm and see what mess I can make. So for this I’m making a Jazzy Skeleton Pianist with all the spooky style I can come up with.

This is gonna get weird.

For the thumbnail

Piano

SpookyBoi

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

Big Smile!

BigSmile

Blocking out the head since I wanna get the expression just right.

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

Collecting all sorts of references for anatomy, ideas and a bit of weird style.

Scene

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

I will eventually get the hang of quick block outs where I don’t waste time on details, but it is not this day.

Still a looong way to go though and his shoulders are all sorts of nope anatomy wise but as always, I’ll get it done.

Killitwithfire

Posed like he’s awkwardly being told off, oops

Killitwithfire2

Still smiling though!

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

First block-out done, got a lot of cleaning and tweaking ahead of me while also sorting out his outfit.

Skelly

Should I go all out on ridiculous fashion?

Skelly_2

Pretentious Spooky Jazz Man? Or Reserved Stylish Spooky Jazz Man?

Skelly_3

Also any feedback on anything so far is always appreciated folks.

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

Fell in love with this weird barber shop quartet style and just had to go with it, gonna make the most ridiculous thing I can think of.

Clothing

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

Blocking out all them outfit shapes and making a mess.

Spooky2

Dapper looking spook

Spooky

Of course so far everything is a mess but with some clean up and up close and personal detailing I’m positive this’ll work out great.

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

Time to get these clothes all sorts of finished, low poly is gonna be one hell of a ride with this one.

Skelly_3

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

Almost done, got some tweaks and the feet to finish then it’s on to low poly and good god I hope I finish on time

Skelly

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

Got my lowpoly done for the skeleton and not the clothes because I suck at forward planning, so I decided to throw some quick texture on the spooky boi

Skelly

glynnybob
    Artist
    OP

Almost deadline time and I’m sort of close to finishing I hope

SkellyJazz

Just got some textures to fix model to tweak and I’ll see what weirdness I can manage

SkellyStood

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up