I’ve decided to model a Halloween themed lollipop for the challenge. Here are a few concepts below that I painted earlier today. I’m really leaning more towards the third one on the bottom row from the left with the purple and green colors currently. My original idea was to model either a cemetery gate, a potion or a creepy chandelier… maybe someone else will venture off in that direction. I’m still relatively new to doing 3D stuff so I figured something simple would be better since I’m still trying to get a good workflow down.
My goal for this challenge is to learn something new during the process and just have fun with it.
I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else does!
Here’s an update on what I’ve done so far! I think I’m almost done with the high poly. I feel like the mushrooms still need some more tweaking but it’s looking good so far. I forgot to mention that I’m using 3ds Max to model and will later be using Substance Painter to texture, Marmoset Toolbag 3 to render.
Update on my Halloween lollipop. I’ve had some other projects come up so I had to put this on the back-burner.
I’m still hobbling around on squeaky training wheels in ZBrush so I kept the sculpting very simple since I wasn’t sure how the high poly export/bake would come out on top of the low poly. Was playing around with the subsurface scattering in Substance Painter to get a feel for what I might want. So, here’s some noisy test renders/screenshots before I start a new document and take my time.
Just really excited that I figured out how to implement ZBrush into my workflow finally, haha. It’s been like a terrifying monster under my bed that I’ve been hesitant to acknowledge for the past few weeks. Kind of want to go back and make some deeper cuts on the surface now that I look at it since I have a better grip on what to do.
Having fun so far though and learning a ton so that’s all that matters to me! Everyone has done some fantastic stuff on here, pretty blown away by the stuff you guys have been posting. Super inspiring for me!