CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – A Pirate

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by technausea 1 day ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• technausea
    Artist

Hi there, this is my first challenge so I may not know what i’m doing but I hope to learn something from this.

technausea
    Artist
    OP

I don’t really have an idea for what I want to do yet but for now just blocking out a guy.

[WIP]-Pirate-san

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Hi again,

I finally got an idea after re-watching Pirates of the Caribbean.

I’m planning to make a prisoner pirate guy, I’ve posed the model for now, I hope it turns out well.

[WIP]-Pirate-san1

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Another update,

I refined the model a bit.

[WIP]-Pirate-san2

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Hi again,

So another update, I made the wooden cuffs for the prisoner and gave him pants, I also fixed his arm position a bit.

Right now I’m having a lot of trouble thinking how to present him as a pirate tho.

[WIP]-Pirate-san3

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Hey guys,

A bit of progress, I unfortunately don’t know how to use texturing software so I opted to hand paint the textures.

So what I did is to remake the wooden cuffs because I didn’t like how it looked.

Also for the texture I painted rust to show that he was imprisoned somewhere damp or humid like somewhere near a port.

[WIP]-Pirate-san4

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Hey guys, another update

I’ve for the most part completed what I want to see from the character but I ran into a medium setback, that being texturing the character.

I’m having a rough time hand painting wear on some things like the hat and also creating nice stylized hair.

I’d like to ask for pointers on how to do these things, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

[WIP]-Pirate-san5

This here is what I’ve painted so far but I’m only satisfied with the wooden cuffs, I’m redoing the hat and pants right now.

[WIP]-Pirate-san6

technausea
    Artist
    OP

P.S : I noticed the hands were too big and now I’ve dealt with it.

[WIP]-Pirate-san6edit

technausea
    Artist
    OP

P.S : I noticed the hands were too big and now I’ve dealt with it.

[WIP]-Pirate-san6edit

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Hey guys,

Update on the progress, I’m still working on highlighting the scars at the moment.

Also still working on the hair (very frustrating).

[WIP]-Pirate-san7

TezLaRok
    Artist

Great work, really like the atmosphere. Can feel the defeated mind.

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Thanks!

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Another update,

making decisions on lighting and doing hair again also starting to to do props.

[WIP]-Pirate-san8

[WIP]-Pirate-san8.1

technausea
    Artist
    OP

Hi again another update,

mostly happy with the character now and tried rendering it low res, also tried painting over it so now I’m moving on to making the background scene.

[WIP]-Pirate-san9original

[WIP]-Pirate-san9

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up