CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Buff pirate

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tobias 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Tobias
    Artist

Concept3Concept01Concept02

Hei!

Yes, this is me trying to learn zbrush and entering a Challenge at the same time. I just bought this awesome tutorial form this site and was just starting, when i saw this challenge. The idea is that i will follow the prosses of the tutorial but make it my own design. Not sure if this is against the rules? I will at least give all the credits to Pierrick(P2design) who made the tutorial and the main design. link below.

im not settle on the design yet, but im leanig toward a asian inspired pirate. Maby a demon pirat. i will focus on the zbrush sculpting part for now and come back to the desing as i go.

Programs: Zbrush, maya, subtasnce painter, photoshop.

My skill level: beginner/intermediate

tutorial link: https://flippednormals.com/downloads/crimson-ronin-pbr-character-creation-for-games/

Tobias
    Artist
    OP

My progress so far. Not very impressive, but this took me so long. is not the easiest of programs i must say. Had to start over a couple of times. But i’m still really motivated!

BuffWip01

greg_e
    Artist

Good luck dude it looks promising !

Tobias
    Artist
    OP

BuffWip02

This is my first body sculpt, but im really trying to study reference as much and possible to get it looking buff. I still find that the human anatomy is much more complex than i tough starting this project. Im using the ClayBuildup brush and going really rough and doing many mistake and redoing alot, so its not going fast. Im not sure if i can manage to make this “rough” sculp a clean and stylized one. we will se;)

He will hopefully end up as an pirate before the deadline

issawilson
    Artist

Keep going! Looks great! Sculpting people is really difficult… I just bought this Grasetti anatomy tutorial and it’s very short, very helpful and very cheap. https://gumroad.com/grassettiart#fdEGH

I don’t know if you’re looking for advice and I’m sure you’re already planning for this but if you make the clay buildup alpha the soft round one it’s a lot less rough and once you start to smooth your model it’ll “sculpt” all of the fat back into the places it needs to be and have more of a realistic look.

Good luck! I’ll be following!

Tobias
    Artist
    OP

Hei, yes this is the second time someone has recommended that tutorial, so I’m going to buy it for sure.

And yes I really do appreciate advice! I’m just about to start on a little session and i thinks the round soft round alpha is a god idea. I kind of like the rough look, but it not what I’m going for so this will probably help a lot.

Thank!

Tobias
    Artist
    OP

BuffWip03

I’m progressing slowly, and my pintrest hunting for design is going nice. A bit fed up on muscle and anatomy sculpting, so doing the head next. and those hands needs a total rework.

Tobias
    Artist
    OP

BuffWip04

Considering if i’m doing demon horn or not. Also having problem progressing, just going back and forth fixing things. But i will have an end project.

Tobias
    Artist
    OP

Doing the outfit atm. Wil keep the upper part shirtless for now and maby do some pirat tattoos. For weapons i most likely doing a hand harpoon spear. There will also be som bling on the head. like ear rings and som rings around the horn. Not sure if im going bald or with hair.

BuffWip05

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.