CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Cactus Pirate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Robert 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robert
    Artist

Hey guys,

So I was having trouble figuring out what I wanted to do and Cactus Pirate was suggested to me so I figured I’d roll with that idea. I spent about a day thinking about references that I would want to pull from and came up with a couple that I think highlight some tones and designs that I’m considering:

Cactus_Pirate Refs

I’ll probably mess around more with the concept and try and come up with a reference collage with some better idea on how some of these will mesh together.

Robert
    Artist
    OP

Tried to flesh out the concept a little more and figure out things like hair, clothing, and what elements I was drawn to by the references. I still use PureRef to hold all my photo references but I’ve enjoyed mapping things out in Photoshop just to get my thoughts out:

Pirate_Cactus

Anyway, so now that that’s done, I’ve gone ahead and done a first block. I think I’m happy with the silhouette though I know the figure doesn’t really read as a cactus. I am still debating on whether to make his stomach area shorter

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 3.01.18 AM

Final thing that I’ve been thinking of as well is the face. I was planning on just using some combination of Togemon from Digimon or the Deku people from Legend of Zelda as examples but then I recalled a game called Mischief Makers for the N64

ClancersAhoy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.