CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Captain Janet Sparrow

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by OwainB 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• OwainB
    Artist

So I’ve¬†finished the model now, but didn’t actually post any WIPs, luckily I have shots of them from sharing to friends, this is the first full character I’ve finished so any criticism is welcome!

OwainB
    Artist
    OP

This is the stage whereby I had to design how the clothes were going to fit the Capn’ so I did a load of combinations and then sent them to a couple ofyou are a pirateyou are not a pirateyou may be a pirateyou will be a pirate friends to see which ones they liked, and they eventually chose the one with a jacket and a crop top.

Btw this is the most annoying text editor I have ever used.

OwainB
    Artist
    OP

Unfortunately the render I took of Janet’s skin that I painted is too large, but I used the flipped Normals tutorial covering painting the face and then applied the logic o the entire body…which I really didn’t need to do since 90% of the body is under clothes…but uhh….practice…amirite???

OwainB
    Artist
    OP

And now….for the big reveal!!!! After each prop and each piece of clothing was meticulously done in substance painter (was too large to get everything in one file RIP xD) it was time to render in blender….because I don’t know how to use anything else….shush… I can hear you furiously typing your replies already…save your breath before Jane makes you walk the plank! I grabbed some HDRIs of hdrihaven.com and plugged them in as a world emission and then used a solid block colour for the render, although I did have some fun with the environments. Arguably the clothes need an immediate upgrade,but I have no clue how to do folds in the shirts and what notpirate full2pirate full1pirate full3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.