CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Ginger Pirate

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Morten Jaeger 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• calvinevan12
    Artist

Hi, I’ve decided to participate in this challenge. I’ve actually started the project on 8/24 when I first saw this challenge posted on Twitter, I saw the theme and quickly scour the internet (mostly pinterest) for a pirate character concept that interests me. I found this concept by Ilsu Jang which really got me excited to do the project. At first I wasn’t going to participate in the challenge since I thought I won’t have enough time, but I decided to participate anyway. I’ll still drop my previous progresses here though.

Most recent update (8/31);

pira 4az

calvinevan12
    Artist
    OP

Here’s the concept art I’ve decided to use:

ilsu-jang-23-18re2

Pirate Girl by Ilsu Jang

calvinevan12
    Artist
    OP

First update (8/25), here’s the base body. I made this all from spheres and a lots of pulling around. At thisu stage I really wasn’t satisfied with how the body looks but I’ll try to change it up more until I got the results that I want.

pira 1

calvinevan12
    Artist
    OP

Update (8/28), I’ve painted the face and eyes. I also made a simple blockout of the clothings, I mostly just extracted them from the base body.  pira 2pira 2b

calvinevan12
    Artist
    OP

Here’s the latest update (8/31), I’ve modeled I fixed the proportions a bit, made the legs a bit longer. I’ve put most of the details here, though not all. Hopefully I can finish all the tiny details before the deadline. The hair would be my biggest struggle, I need to experiment a lot with it.

pira 4zpira 4az

Morten Jaeger
    Wizard @ FlippedNormals

Progress looking really nice!

One thing I feel sticks out a bit, and that’s the nose and mouth.

Feels like it’s a bit too narrow?

Looking forward to seeing more updates on this one!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.