Hi, I’ve decided to participate in this challenge. I’ve actually started the project on 8/24 when I first saw this challenge posted on Twitter, I saw the theme and quickly scour the internet (mostly pinterest) for a pirate character concept that interests me. I found this concept by Ilsu Jang which really got me excited to do the project. At first I wasn’t going to participate in the challenge since I thought I won’t have enough time, but I decided to participate anyway. I’ll still drop my previous progresses here though.
First update (8/25), here’s the base body. I made this all from spheres and a lots of pulling around. At thisu stage I really wasn’t satisfied with how the body looks but I’ll try to change it up more until I got the results that I want.
Here’s the latest update (8/31), I’ve modeled I fixed the proportions a bit, made the legs a bit longer. I’ve put most of the details here, though not all. Hopefully I can finish all the tiny details before the deadline. The hair would be my biggest struggle, I need to experiment a lot with it.