CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Helena's Female Treassure Hunter

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by thehopebird 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• thehopebird
    Artist

I am going to give this a try! Sounds like fun – Good luck to everyone! 😀

henning
    Wizard @ FlippedNormals

Awesome! Best of luck Helena.

thehopebird
    Artist
    OP

My very rough progress so far, hopefully it comes together nicely once i’ve been working on it a bit further 🙂

thehopebird
    Artist
    OP

I have been working on some poses and some placeholders for hair and fur
    I felt like making the monkey haunted, but maybe hes looking a little bit too mad? 😀

Dobrin
    Artist

Awesome work, the monkey is cool and creepy at the same time x)

thehopebird
    Artist
    OP

As the absolute madlad that i am (im really not), i decided to start over with my submission a few days ago. I felt like i could push myself harder and do something more interesting. I reused as many assets as possible from my last draft, to save time. But since this concept is quite different from the other one, most of the stuff had to be done over again. This is my current work in progress:

I still need to do a bit more posing before creating the textures.
    I definietly feel more satisfied with this piece so far
    Also, she actually looks like a pirate this time!

Cheers!

thehopebird
    Artist
    OP

FINAL SUBMISSION!

Here’s my final submission – i might change some stuff in the future, but as far as this challenge goes, here it is!
    Best of luck to everyone participating. Everything that has been submitted looks absolutely gourgeous.

Software:
    Sculpting: ZBrush
    Texturing: Substance Painter
    UV’s: Autodesk Maya 2018
    Rendering: Marmoset Toolbag

This was a lot of fun! Until next time –
    Cheers!

screenshot053 (2)

screenshot057-minscreenshot068-minscreenshot067-minscreenshot065-minscreenshot066-minscreenshot063-minscreenshot064-minscreenshot062-minscreenshot061-minscreenshot060-minscreenshot058-min

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.