CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Hermit

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Nick Scott 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Nick Scott
    Artist

Have been wondering if I should do this challenge or not due to my class schedule but I don’t want to miss out. So I’m throwing my pirate hat in the bag. I’m sure to learn some new tricks. I’m shooting for a Dead Man’s Chest esk pirate that has taken the form of a sea creature, specifically a hermit crab. Here is some reference I’ve gathered. Let’s see how this goes and good luck to everyone else in the challenge.

Update_One

Nick Scott
    Artist
    OP

Started blocking out my character while also studying anatomy as I’m still fairly new to modeling characters. Took the skull study I did at the start of the challenge and then created the body. I’m also still deciding the major features of the character. I want it to make some sort of sense from an anatomical standpoint with the second pair of arms even if the end result doesn’t have human muscles. Just helps me visualize it. Now to use this as a base and sculpt from it.

Update_Two_V1

Nick Scott
    Artist
    OP

Started working on what this character’s face is going to look like. Did a quick polypaint on it to see what it will feel like in the end along with opening up the mouth for rigging later on. I’m liking the result so far. Now to move onto the base body I made earlier and see if I can make something neat.

Update_Three

Nick Scott
    Artist
    OP

Made some progress on the body over the past week. Though I don’t think I’ll have enough time to fully finish this guy like id like to (UV, texture, rig, etc.) but at least I’ll have the model portion done and can finish the rest later on. I’ll certainly try to finish what I can. Still have to add in the finer details and weathering along with some sort of jacket. So we’ll see how that goes.

Update_04_V2

Update_04

Nick Scott
    Artist
    OP

Well, with a combination of school and burnout I didn’t get to add any further to what I’ve already posted. Wish I could have done more but like ive said I do plan on finishing this character later on when time allows it. Was still a fun challenge to participate in. Can’t wait to see everyone’s creations.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.