CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Mermaid Pirate

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by mestrezero 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• mestrezero
    Artist

Update:

Reference

Hello everyone! This is my first challenge ever. After I saw the video proposing the challenge I looked for inspiration for what to do. The first idea was to model a space pirate, but while looking images of pirates, I diceded for the classical thing. While looking for reference I had a ideia of making a mermaid pirate, and in the process I stumble on a picture of Rila Fukushima and thought it would be nice to use her face as reference. I still do not have the final design of the character, I’m going to spend the rest of the week thinking on what to put on her and blocking the body. For now I have just blocked her head. More updates in the future!!!

christian-thomson
    Artist

What a great idea! I can’t wait to see more of this one, good luck!

jpbelmont
    Artist

Great concept man!

mestrezero
    Artist
    OP

Thanks Cristian and JP Belmont for the comments!!

Today I blocked the rest of the body, and right now I can say that I’m happy with the silhouette of the character. Tomorrow I will probably refine all the shapes of the human part and start to think about and block what she will be wearing. The hair will probably be tentacles likes azshara’s hair in wow, and the corset and bandana will be in the final design. I have to look for more fish crearues reference for the lower body part, but I can do that later.Challenge

mestrezero
    Artist
    OP

I’m Back!

I got time to work on her this week, but I didnt do much. Merged the human part of the body so I could create the clothes, refined more of her face and found a cloth design that works for me (had to abandond corset for reasons), and now I’m trying to figure out the fish part. Maybe I’m going to use noise to make scales on her lower body part. I will add accessories (bracelets, necklaces, ring, dreads) and that all that I have planed for the high poly.

mestrezero
    Artist
    OP

Clothes design update 2!!

Reviewing the design of the clothes, I decided to go for something more feminine. Got a bunch of references in pinterest and did this one (corset is back). Going to add buttons, holes and ties dor more detail and move on.1

TezLaRok
    Artist

Looking good!

mestrezero
    Artist
    OP

Back from the dead!!!
    I couldn’t do much, only did the retopology, uv and tried to figure out the color scheme. I dont know if I can finish this in time but I will try. I’m going to try to texture her in substance painter and do a render to show the results.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.