CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Mr. Grumpy Pirate

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by 3dJules 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• 3dJules
    Artist

Edited: few final renders:

Updated also my artstation with the project

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qAdlYa

Final_Render_06

Final_Render_01

Final_Render_02

Xgen_Practise_Fun:

Final_render_10

Final_Render_05

Ahoy everybody, I manage to start my new character for the challenge last weekend, here is some process.

Inspiration-mood board:

Inspiration_Pirate

Grumpy pirate, he is an olddog been in the sea for years, everybody wants him to be part of their crew, hardly ever talks ready to smash and slash

Sculpting_Wip_01

Refined a bit the face, blocked out the hat, shirt, and pants.

Sculpting_Wip_02

next stage sculp the hands, create a sword, refine the body and connect it to the head. then continue to the clothes

3dJules
    Artist
    OP

Small update on the sculp, did some refining on the hands on a fist pose, create and uved a low poly sword and added some details on it. Added few pieces of clothing and sculped a small scull for one of the neclases.

Scull_hat_wip

Sculpting_Wip_04Sword_wip_2

Sculpting_Wip_05

next step, texture the sword, refine the clothes, finish the neclases and rings, attach the head do the body and then pose.

3dJules
    Artist
    OP

Hello everyone, small update worked on the pose still need to refine most of the parts of character

Sculpting_Wip_07

Sculpted one of his 3 neclases, the scull and made a retopo version, currently uving and next texture it.

Scull_Wip_2Scull_Wip

I textured the sword not the final look  I might rework the displacement map at some point, but the basic color for now its there:

Sword_wip_3

Worked also on the low poly version of the hat, still working on the HP

next stage sculpting the body refine the pose, the feet and clothes and start making low poly versions for every part on the scene

3dJules
    Artist
    OP

Sculpting_Wip_08Sculpting_Wip_09

Small update on the pose still working on the feet position and make posture better. Created a papyrous treause map for the other hand and textured it. Textured the scull neclase as well.

Scull_Wip_3Papyrous_wip

3dJules
    Artist
    OP

Another small update

Try to make a more dynamic pose for presentantion

Sculpting_Wip_09

Wanted to make him not exactly human, not sure yet

Sculpting_Wip_10

Manual retopo this badboy fun times, finished thow, ready for uv

Sculpting_Wip_11

next make sure the displacement map for the body works and refine the legs and clothes

3dJules
    Artist
    OP

I did the first hand for the body texture, not exactly sure about the tats or the colour but for now I am pretty satisfied with the outcome

Texturing_Body_01Texturing_Body_02

3dJules
    Artist
    OP

Another update, I had to not work on it for few days, finally back on it. First Render Arnold Maya, HDRI render

Texturing_Body_06Texturing_Body_07

Texturing_Body_08

Things I need to do next is xgen hair, beard and body hair, finish the neclase, add a ring, and add dirt on the body and feet texture, refine some textures on the cloth mainly, and finally make a nice light setup

3dJules
    Artist
    OP

Final_Render_03

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.