CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Neo Pirate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by fl1ntst0n3 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• fl1ntst0n3
    Artist

I thought a funny take on this would be to have a blatant stereotype of a sea pirate “caught in the act” of internet piracy. A few good film refs come to mind about internet piracy, but the best one I could think of is Neo’s apartment in the Matrix – green dim lights, stuff scattered all over, old blocky computer, Neo asleep at his desk.

I’m not sure exactly how to composition of the shot will pan out yet. The pirate (he needs a name) could either be asleep at his desk for a kind of parody of the Matrix scene, or I could simply use it as reference and have Pixelbeard (maybe? close) looking guiltily back at the camera while typing away (of course with one hand a hook) on TehPirateBay.com. I think I’ll go with the latter as it’s got a funny tone to it. This also leaves some comedy to be had in the set – I can scatter some funny easter eggs around Neo’s piles of floppy disks and motherboards.

Screenshot_2

fl1ntst0n3
    Artist
    OP

Here’s a super quick previz paintover as a gist.

Image result for funny gifs

…never claimed to be a 2D artist…

I think I’m going to watch some pirate films this month to come up with some funny easter eggs. Definitely going to sample Treasure Planet, one of my fave films!

previzPaintover

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.