CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Octopus Treasure Chest

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• JohnB
    Artist

Final Submission:

Here is my final entry for this month. Enjoyed modelling this, it had its challenges for sure. Unfortunately due to not having enough free time, i didnt get to take it to a baked low poly game asset as planned so i’m submitting the final zBrush sculpt instead.

OctoChest_FinalEntry

Hi all,

First time poster here on FN. Been meaning to get some personal projects going again and figured this competition is the ideal excuse.

Here is a concept of mine that i worked up last night which i will be looking to model and texture. Still working out some shapes, mainly how this thing works from the side/top etc. Cant wait to get stuck into this thing and see what awesome entries appear!

OctoChest_Concept01

JohnB
    Artist
    OP

Heres my zbrush ready blockout of the Octo-Chest. Kept the shapes fairly rough as i find it much easier to shape and refine the form within zbrush itself. Plan is to dynamesh the octopus parts together and go in with the good ol trim dynamic and pinch brushes to get those smooth flowing planes from the concept.

OctoChest_Blockout01

JohnB
    Artist
    OP

Small bit of progress in zbrush. A lot of pinch/trim dynamic and polish brush to try and keep the forms as smooth as possible.

OctoChest_SculptWIP01

BrynethPaltrow
    Artist

Looking awesome so far. I really like the concept!

JohnB
    Artist
    OP

Ok so i’ve wound the clock back a bit on this as the zbrush sculpt wasnt looking as smooth as i wanted it to be, lots of unwanted lumps and bumps! So i decided to spend a bit more time in my block out phase. Here is the new block out ready for a zbrush pass. I think this gives me a lot more structure to work on top of and get it where i want it to be in the final asset.

OctoChest_BO01

JohnB
    Artist
    OP

Small sculpt update.

image-4

image-6

JohnB
    Artist
    OP

Small lunchtime update!

2019-08-28 13_32_12-ZBrush

JohnB
    Artist
    OP

More sculpting progress. I could work on this thing all night but sleep is calling! Back panels of the wood chest itself need extra detailing to match the front/sides.

OctoChest_SculptWIP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.