CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – [Bounty Hunter, Pirate's Job]

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by red 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• red
    Artist

FINAL SUBMISSION: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QzZV24

screenshot003screenshot004

Please check the ArtStation link to see the Marmoset Viewer. There you will see the project in 3D and the topology.

I learned a lot in the process. I’m pretty happy with the result. I had to make a lot of research on the Internet and I expanded my knowledge in different aspects, specially in zbrush and substance painter.
    I know there are some mistakes but I can’t be remaking more my models because of the deadline. Probably you will notice some models changed and others are not in the final piece.

– Red

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello, I’m a self-taught artist who started to learn 3D modeling on Febrary 2019. I know that I’m pretty new with this but I’m very excited to participate in this challenge.

First of all I started with a brainstorm. I’m not a good drawer so I jump into Maya once I have a slightly idea of what I want to do.
    I just play with simple shapes to achieve a fast block out and see how it works my idea.
    Once I’m happy I start to work the low poly version.

This is what I have for now. This is not my final idea and I will probably change the position of the props, add more (like a pirate hat) or maybe change the whole shape of some of them.

First-Idea

I also prepared the fist prop to Zbrush. I named every thing with A##_low and A##_high. I use this script to name things just in 1 second.
    Then I just add some bevels with Chamfer mode Off to the version Ready_To_Zbrush. I know I can do this step directly in Zbrush but I’m more confident and I work faster in Maya.

Ready_To_Zbrush

I like to mantain things very organized with a smooth workflow to avoid issues or loose time. Here is a screenshot of my project file.

Organization

– Red

red
    Artist
    OP

Box

Box done! Next step stool and table. I will change a bit the proportions of the table and try to make interesting lines. I dont like the boring table that I have right now

-Red

red
    Artist
    OP

Update 02: This is how is it going. I ask for feedback on discord and I have things to change. I’m making this update because I will not be able to update again until next week and I just wanted to tell you how things are going.

update

Stool: Get rid of the dots and add bolts

Table: I’m not happy at all with the table. I will add some metallic parts to hold the planks

Don’t hesitate to give me feedback I want to improve! Have a good weekend. See ya next week

-Red

red
    Artist
    OP

Update 03: New version of the table and stool. I also have the bottles done.

Stool_Table

bottles

red
    Artist
    OP

Update 04: Inkewell and compass

inkwell_Compass

Feather is still there but I didn’t touch it in Zbrush

Captura

– Red

red
    Artist
    OP

Update 05: I finished the compass and I did the mug. I want to add details inside because it is too clean and intact right now.

mug

Reference: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A9qBgy

Next step: Lamp

– Red

red
    Artist
    OP

Update 06: New props. I got inspired by Sea of Thieves

Props

– Red

red
    Artist
    OP

Update 7: Last sculpts done. I change the crate because it didn’t match the style. I’m already with retopology and baking.

Things are going well, I’m learning a lot and I’m very happy and excited with this project

Boxes

– Red

BrynethPaltrow
    Artist

I’m loving this chunky stylised look! You obviously have a talent for 3D if you only started doing 3D in Feb, the quality of your work is great! I’m looking forward to seeing how this scene turns out 🙂

red
    Artist
    OP

I’m loving this chunky stylised look! You obviously have a talent for 3D if you only started doing 3D in Feb, the quality of your work is great! I’m looking forward to seeing how this scene turns out 🙂

Thank you!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.