CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates – Seb's Female Pirate

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Sebastian Lapthorne 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Sebastian Lapthorne
    Artist

I saw this on Flipped Normals youtube channel and thought it would be a great way to get my work seen. Due to me going away on September 4th, I’ll need to submit before the deadline, so let’s do this!!

Plan is to make a female character, similar to the look of Pirates of the Carribean, and make it look more realistic than stylised. This is going to be fun!!

Sebastian Lapthorne
    Artist
    OP

Screenshot (520)Screenshot (519)Screenshot (521)Screenshot (522)

Sebastian Lapthorne
    Artist
    OP

Basic forms of my mesh blocked out, just need to add some detail and sculpt a bit more. Added some eyelashes and nails quickly so they were there.

Hopefully this is a good start!

Sebastian Lapthorne
    Artist
    OP

Screenshot (523)

I’m well past this part, but forgot to post it a few days ago. Been modelling like crazy as I have a lot of free time on my hands, so the character should be done tomorrow and then I should be creating the scene for her to go on.

Sebastian Lapthorne
    Artist
    OP

screenshot006screenshot009

Finished the character, so my main focus now is to put together a scene for her to be in.

Sebastian Lapthorne
    Artist
    OP

Barrel

Finished texturing the barrel to go with the scene

Sebastian Lapthorne
    Artist
    OP

NonGIPirateGIPirate

I put my barrel into the scene with the pirate. Planning on having a wall behind her with something for her arm to rest upon. The top image is with no global illumination, and the bottom image has global illumination on.

Sebastian Lapthorne
    Artist
    OP

PirateChallengeJPG

Unless I can think of another idea, this will be my final render.

I went for a Bloodborne Pirate design. This was done by having dark background colours that had most of the objects blend in together, but still allowing you to able to see that the objects were there. I liked my pirate design as she looks like she could be a courtesan in the Assassins Creed Black Flag game, or something similar.

All in all, very happy with my final product considering this is my first competition.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.