CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Pirates –The Quarternion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Seth Cipriano 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Seth Cipriano
    Artist

snip

Hey everyone I’m a bit late to the start here, but the theme really connected with me so I made a quick concept art piece. Rather than cramming and fleshing out the whole environment I think I’m just going to try and get the Steering Wheel and it’s base ready in time for September 8th Quarternian concept-post

Seth Cipriano
    Artist
    OP

Modeled the wheel, working on the center console and crystal.

WheelWIP2-ps-post

And here’s a little mood board of my two concept drafts and some early blockouts where I explored shapes and scale.

Moodboard

Seth Cipriano
    Artist
    OP

Ready to take the crystal into Zbrush !

WIP6-pspost

Seth Cipriano
    Artist
    OP

Final Submission The Quarternion.

I started this two weeks ago for the Flipped Normals Art challenge Pirate theme. Since modeling is not yet my strong suit I ran out of time to texture this for the comp, but am happy to have contributed in this challenge. It was my first 3D challenge and I learned a lot about my own workflow and time management under tight time constraints.

The concept was based on an old screenplay of mine that dealt with interdimensional pirates who used quantum technology to manipulate space-time. I’m definitely going to continue working on this as a personal portfolio piece and take the texturing to the next level!

Quat_Final001-ps

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EVQGl8

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.