CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsSeptember – SculptemberFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Sculptember – Ancient Cyclops

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by marks_38 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• marks_38
    Artist

Hey everyone!

This is my first 3D challenge ever and I’m looking forward to trying out the idea! I love idea of mythology as you can really mash it up with some other ideas and concepts outside of the norm,

Ive chosen the Myth of the Cyclops for my model, I threw together a quick blockout for his eye which i want to be the main feature and a reference sheet also,  i will continue to add to it over the coming days and upload some new images along the way, Everything is subject to change of course but feedback is welcome!

Enjoy your days!

Latest Image
    day4_5d_Week1_wip

First Image

day1_Week1_wip

marks_38
    Artist
    OP

Hey everybody,

I moved on today to start blocking in the other shapes on the head, im not 100% happy with the mouth but theirs still time to change it atleast! Im trying to go for more of a horror sort of vibe to him and have taken away his lips to help this leaving his exposed gum and teeth,

i also started experimenting with skin alphas to see how they look so they are included for now!

See ye later,
    day2b_Week1_wip copy

marks_38
    Artist
    OP

Hey everyone!

I did a little bit of the blocking out today for the face and the neck and some of the chest as well, i also added some small details with alphas and fixed up his mouth a little bit,

I think what i will do next before adding anything else is put him into a pose just to make it easier on myself down the line
    day3a_Week1_wip

day3b_Week1_wip

day3c_Week1_wip

day3d_Week1_wip

marks_38
    Artist
    OP

Hey all !

I did some more work on this over the last few days, finished blocking off his body and started experimenting with blocking in some armor,

I couldn’t decide if i should give him some kind of ornate helmet or not so i rendered him with and without one!

For posing too i think i will leave him in this pose for now until farther down the line then ill rig him in maya and pose him that way its the normal workflow im used too,

Any feedback is welcome also, i think i will definitely be refining his feet soon they look so off at the moment

day4_5a_Week1_wipday4_5b_Week1_wipday4_5c_Week1_wipday4_5d_Week1_wipday4_5e_Week1_wip

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up