CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsSeptember – SculptemberFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Sculptember – "Lernaean Hydra"

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stergos 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Stergos
    Artist

I always wanted to make a dragon and i was always fascinated by the hydra as a concept so I will be creating my first “dragon” ever for this contest.

I will be posting my concept sculpt later today

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

I will be using this as a base mesh since its a dragon Hydra_basemesh

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

next post is gonna be a finished form..  also legs are skinny Hydra_basemesh2

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

last post on the form i will prob post the finished base model next time with 6 other heads

Hydra_basemesh3

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

As I was getting ready to do the head it ocured to me that she is too skinny to support all that weight so i drifted off a bit…

But hey the body is ready thank god for crossfit XDHydra_basemesh4

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

It’s all coming together piece by piece. I should have selected a more easy task but still worth itHydra_basemesh5

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

Started dealing with the head to see how it looks for me so i can move on to the rest of the model the head was critical to capture its skin .

And was the hardest part now its all setHydra_basemesh6

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

Head and neck almost done now…  just a test render untitled.36

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

Finished the head and did some fast uvs since i dont have much time till the deadline i have to move on to the body and pose Hydra_basemesh7but I will revisit it one day

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

Replaced the the heads with the new one next post will prob be the last one before the final submission.untitled.38untitled.37

untitled.39

Stergos
    Artist
    OP

The body is done I learned a lot from this and made many mistakes but thankfully i am a quick learner

so i wont do those mistakes again. The most challenging part for me were the legs and hands especially the fingers

i dint have time to properly retopologize it and UV it i only did the basics since we don’t have to animate

or rig anything i will do them another time but now all that is left now are some appendages and to pose it

and then texture and render it i haven’t done any real renders till now in any of my projects since i am still learning.

Next post will be the final submission Cheers. Untitled-1

This is the biggest project i have ever worked on at least now everything will seem easier. XD

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up