CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsSeptember – SculptemberFlippedNormals Art Challenge – Sculptember – Offspring of a God

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by scotdanielburns 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• scotdanielburns
    Artist

Header Update Post:

Final03

Original First Post:

I’m hoping to have an awesome character by the end of this challenge. I have a somewhat issue with taking forever to finish projects and I think this fairly short deadline is what I really need to give myself a kickstart and show myself what I can get done in a shorter timeframe. I’ve been listening to Mythos by Steven Fry to get into the mood while sculpting and its actually been pretty great learning about Greek Mythology. I’m not 100% sure which influences I’m fully going to hone in on but I have a broad idea of where I’m going.  Sidenote: I started with a blank Subdiv Lvl.1 Retopo of a previous generic male character just so I could have decent supporting topology for the sculpt.

This is the result of the first 2-3 hours ( A plus of the audiobook I can tell how long I spent each time! Cool bonus.)

Below: Base Topology ( No additional Subdiv Details, just what’s in the image below )

Base

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

Another update to the character body. I’m still not 100% sure on the final ambition but I’m happy with the progression anatomy wise. Hopefully, in the next update, I will be showing more clearly the direction this is going. Any C&C is welcomed on the anatomy, it’s not perfect just trying my best. (Sorry about the dark skin tint in these screenshots I realize its not the best on the background.)

Bonus Marmoset Render

received_2620410374677492

Morten Jaeger
    Wizard @ FlippedNormals

Mostly doing this as a test reply, but your progress is looking great as well Scot!

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

I’ve begun to add clothing and designing it as I go to fit ancient Greece. I’ve chosen to make Perseus (I know its quite generic) but I’ve loved this character since being a kid and watching the original Clash of the Titans. I’m still trying to nail down some aspects of the outfit so I have a paint-over of this update. C&C welcomed.

received_964964847189353

Paint over of potential future changes below

received_1319501491549390

Bonus images below testing out hair on character instead of a helmet design I was testing. Think I prefer the hair.

received_377550936275635received_2368996570034527

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

Mostly doing this as a test reply, but your progress is looking great as well Scot!

Thanks Morten! I’m glad you like it.

Thanks for getting the issue fixed so fast for posting here!

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

Hey Guys, small update today! I’m currently moving house so this challenge ending when it does is going to be a real challenge. I’m going to hopefully cut down some of the scope that I had imagined for the character but I’ll hopefully still have an awesome looking character for the deadline which ill polish alittle after the challenge ends.  C&C Welcomed.

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

Here’s a small update before probably a semi-final look at what’s to come.  This is probably close to what the finished hair will look like, The small gaps shouldn’t be noticeable as the area under should be darker and ill possibly use some AO under the beard and hair where needed. I’ll also add some hair cards over the textured eyebrows when added.
    Any C&C is welcomed and Ill try take what I can onboard with time left.

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

Okay… So I actually made the deadline! I’ve posted in Final Submission but I thought It might be good to post here as well.
    I had to rush a little so some of the character is rough around the edges (some areas a lot more than others).
    That was a small little bit of crunch at the end to finish off but it was well worth it! I’m actually really happy how he turned out all things considered.

Heres the Images of him I submitted. I may update later with abit more polished renders.

Final01
    Final02Final04
    Final03Final05Bonua

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

Okay… So I actually made the deadline! I’ve posted in Final Submission but I thought It might be good to post here as well.
    I had to rush a little so some of the character is rough around the edges (some areas a lot more than others).
    That was a small little bit of crunch at the end to finish off but it was well worth it! I’m actually really happy how he turned out all things considered.

Heres the Images of him I submitted. I may update later with abit more polished renders.

Final01
    Final02Final04
    Final03Final05Bonua

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up