CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsSeptember – SculptemberFlippedNormals Art challenge – Sculptember – 'Root King'

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by breabrz 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• breabrz
    Artist

Hi!

A little late to the challenge but here goes! So I’ve basically based my character off my concept shown below. He is named the ‘Root King’ which was initially a corpse intertwined with branches and roots that run throughout his body. I’ve begun modelling the main parts of the body and gradually adjusting the proportions of the face and arms. Will start working on creating the branches and foliage soon.  Feedback is welcome!

Concept

root king-1

First WIP

wip 1wip 2

wip 3

breabrz
    Artist
    OP

Update #2

So, I’ve made a bit of progress so far. I’ve added more fine details to the rotting skin of the body. I’ve also added tree branches and tigs that twist around the arms and torso. The gaping hole in his stomach is filled with more roots and branches. I’ve begun retopologizing only the body just to make texturing a tiny bit easier. When the texturing is done, I’ll be adding dead leaves and other dead foliage on the branches and root crown (also teeth whoops).

Wip 6wip 7

Retop

retop WIP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up