This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by cedric 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Jesse
    Artist

A fun little side project I have been working on, just got the modelling done and basic masking done on the texturing. I am trying a stylized piece as I am trying to bolster my 3d texturing skills, specifically triyng to focus on texturing intent as the more minamalistic approach is easier to breakdown and review composition, colors etc…

This piece was made based on the concept by Elodie Mondoloni simply as I wasnt in the right frame of mind to create my own concept for this specific project (although I have expanded the concept quite a bit). https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v690x46

Morten Jaeger
    Wizard @ FlippedNormals

I mostly always start from some one else’ concepts. Takes away so much time, but more than likely, they’ve done it better than I can 😀

Anyway, looking nice so far!
    Maybe next up, try to introduce some variation in the texture, right now it’s very flat. I know it’s a more stylized look, but that can still benefit from color and texture vatiation 🙂

henning
    Wizard @ FlippedNormals

Lovely work, Jesse!  I’m really looking forward to seeing how you’ll approach texturing – if you’ll go a more realistic route, or the stylized one in the concept.

cedric
    Artist

Looking good Jesse ! As Morten say you can probably add more variation on the textures now (dirt pass). As for lighting, if you can add a blue emissive / light on the sign it will add a lot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up