CategoriesSketchbooksScot Daniel Burns' Sketchbook

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Morten Jaeger 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• scotdanielburns
    Artist

I’ve been working on two projects recently. One is a personal project of a traveller/survivor character set in a star wars esque world and the other is an unfinished Artstation Challenge. I’ll post some latest images of those below (not all elements of characters are shown in these images if they look a bit bland) and ill update progress on those throughout the next month.  Any C&C is welcomed.

After these projects are complete I will be regularly doing the new flipped normals monthly challenges.

Update – Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/scotdanielburns

screenshot044screenshot041

henning
    Wizard @ FlippedNormals

Hello! Great texturing on the guy here, I really like it. I’m looking forward to seeing your sketchbook grow.

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

Thanks Henning means alot, hopefully I’ll be updating him soon with more of a complete look but I’m glad you like what you see so far!

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

I had been working on this guys hair for awhile just trial and error on the best ways to do things. I was using XGen to create a base then modifying each strand using curves which had been a pain to work with.  I came across Hair Tool for Blender from a friend and it gave me the results below in around 10 mins. These images are just a quick test but they gave me a really good result fast so im going to create the final hair soon with this tool. I also use Hair TG Clump tool for the texture generation for the hair textures which saves messing about using XGen in Maya.

Recently I’ve been struggling hugely with motivation but I’m trying to get going again and finally finish off projects I’ve been dabbling with for a while so I’m hoping to have a lot more updates here soon.

screenshot052screenshot051screenshot053

Morten Jaeger
    Wizard @ FlippedNormals

Awesome to see it with hair! Wha was the hair tool for Blender?

scotdanielburns
    Artist
    OP

Awesome to see it with hair! Wha was the hair tool for Blender?

Thanks, Morten
    Its a plugin here’s the link if your interested – https://gumroad.com/l/hairtool
    it’s pretty Intuitive and gives a good result pretty fast, I’ve not delved deep into some of the more advanced things it can do yet but I’m loving how easy its making doing hair.

I’ve actually changed up the hair a little – It’s not done but it’s going in a more interesting direction I think.

screenshot000

Morten Jaeger
    Wizard @ FlippedNormals

Awesome, i’ll check it out!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In Sign Up