CategoriesChallengesFlippedNormalsAugust – PiratesThe FlippedNormals Art Challenge Capitain Hookblade

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Thomas
    Artist

cap

Thomas
    Artist
    OP

base-mesh

This is the generic male mesh I made for animation and Unity. My goal is it to make a game asset that I can use after the challenge

Thomas
    Artist
    OP

headUpper-body

With dynamesh and sculptris mode I quickly (for me like 1-2 days 4h)  refined the base mesh to a good simple look which I can paint in a good borderlandish look

Thomas
    Artist
    OP

After that I extracted some clothes with masks and tugged them with move and tried to make some foldsCloth-extract

Thomas
    Artist
    OP

sword

I look at many sabers and navy sabers to get the basic function of the cutlass down. My goal was to have a unique shape that also has

a function in combat and exploration.

Hoo_high

I wanted to make a damaged and used sword that saw many battles and explored a vast amount of isles. The guard was insired by an octobus and the pommel by a whrilpool.
    The saber has a rain guard and a blade sleeve which should indicate that this is a sword of high quality but was passed on or took by force. I think this comes well across!

Retopo

After I finished with the Zbrush part I retopoed it and put a clownmask on it for substance painter

sword-textured#

In substance painter I worked with fill layers and masks for the base color and secondary color are added with curvaturemaps/ -generators
    For the final Borderlandish look I bainted darkl ines and highlihts. Here are the UVs

Uv

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘August – Pirates’ is closed to new topics and replies.