In Advanced Texturing in Substance Painter, you will learn how to create well-organized, high-quality advanced textures using Substance Painter and how to render assets – along with their textures using Blender & Cycles.
What you will learn
Learn how to prepare an asset for baking and how to create a quick and perfect bake using Substance Painter. You’ll also learn how to create flexible smart materials, how to create hyper-realistic rust and dirt and how to manage correct material response on your textures. In Blender you’ll learn how to set up a render scene, adding materials to your models and adding a custom sky HDRI along with sky and area lights. and how to set up and save a final render image.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Emiel Sleegers is a senior environment and material artist currently working in the AAA Game Industry. He’s worked on games like The Division 2 at Ubisoft, Forza Horizon 3 at Playground Games, and as a Freelancer on multiple projects as an Environment Artist and Material Artist.
- 5 hours worth of HD Video Footage
- Source files
You need to know the basics of Substance Painter and Blender. If you don’t know these basics then we recommend that you watch our introduction courses.
- Substance Painter 2021.1
- Blender 2.92
- 01 – Explaining the Reference
- 02 – Baking the Model in Substance Painter [Substance Painter]
- 03-04 – Creating Smart Materials [Substance Painter]
- 05-08 – Creating and Placing Rust [Substance Painter]
- 09 – Adding Extra Dirt and Details [Substance Painter]
- 10-11 – Setting up our Render Scene [Blender]
- 12-14 – Polishing our Render Scene and Textures [Substance Painter & Blender]
- 15 – Final Polish and Overview
Credit: Special thanks to Clément Moreau for allowing us to texture his 3D model for this course
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.