Asset Creation for VFX Pipeline
Mieszko Lacinski is a professional Texture Artist/3D Generalist who had experience working on movies such as Wonder Woman, Thor Ragnarok, Justice League, The Nutcraker and more. He is currently working as a CG supervisor/Texture Lead for 3DE studio in Poland and loves his work because of the interaction and help that he can bring to the team. His advice for artists who want to make it in the film/movie industry is to always see the value of reference. He believes it is the most important tool to achieve any type of asset in 3D. Whenever possible, it’s significant to find and collect references first and stick to them whenever possible. Mieszko’s other interests include space exploration and basically anything related to space. He also loves 3D printing and the idea of using 3D printing to save lives.
In this course, you will gain understanding on how to create an asset for a Visual Effects scene. You will be taken through the technical creation of the model and how to make it work in relation to film layout, animation, and lighting. Through the creation of LODs(Level of Distance) using Maya, you will learn about optimization industry standards for rendering. You will go through the steps of texturing using Substance, which is almost taking the lead as the software used in the film industry today. The entire course as a whole takes you through the process that every artist working in the movie industry goes through to create a professional realistic asset.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to create a realistic asset in film quality standard
- Understand how to optimize the model to meet industry standards for rendering
- Create LODs(Level of Distance)
- Learn the process of every artist who have worked in the movie industry
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Intermediate level knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how a prop is created in the film industry
- Those who want to take their skills to a professional level standards
What is included:
- Video Files
- Project Files
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.