Blender Addon | 3D Particle Brush | VFX Grace
3D Particle Brush is a powerful hair brush tool. Its 3D brush can distinguish complex muscle surface of models and provide artists with a wonderful experience of grooming hair styles in Blender; With multiple well-designed brush presets, it gives efficient solution to making varying hair styles; The function of curve controlling hair shape makes the control of hair shape pretty convenient; Having this tool, hair grooming will be full of fun. Come on, give it a try!
Running over Compiled Blender versions
Installation: Running over Compiled Blender.
Use 3D Brush: With Use 3D Brush ticked, the brushes, including Comb, Smooth, Puff, Add, Orient, Part, Bend, Attract, and Noise, support 3D brush mode.
Mode Change: With Mode Change enabled, the brush is toggled between 3D mode and 2D mode when it’s on or off the geometry. With Mode Change disabled, there is no brush when it’s off the geometry.
Note: It only works with Use 3D Brush enabled.
Brush Scale: When enabled, the brush can keep its scale in 3D space. When disabled, the brush can keep its scale in 2D space.
Note: It only works with Use 3D Brush enabled.
- Smooth Brush
Length: Smooth the guides to make them average in length.
- 3D Add Brush
- Length Brush
Target Length: It’s the limit when the guides are lengthened or shortened.
Note: It’s disabled when set to 0.
- 3D Puff Brush
- Weight Brush
Increase, Decrease, Smooth: Modify the weight with a gradient brush.
Strength: The strength of the weight brush.
- Orient Brush
Orient, Sunder, and Repel:
Note: Orient brush can only change the orientation of the guides while keeping the original shapes. Yet with the Curving enabled, the guides will also be bent slightly.
- Bend Brush
It works on bending the guides.
- Attract Brush
It creates clamps.
- Noise Brush
Use Roughness: It works the same as the Roughness in the Children.
Axes Locking: Disable the noise on one or more axes as per the locked axes.
- Part Brush
It only modifies the orientation of the guides, keeping the shapes of the guides.
- Clone Brush
Clone Source: Pick the source of the guides to be cloned.
Clone Draw: Clone the guides at the position where this brush stays.
Rotation angle: The rotation angle of the clone brush which can also be achieved with shortcut—CTRL + MOUSE WHEEL
It only works with Use 3D Brush enabled.
It works only when the transforms, including location, rotation, and scale, are applied.
It works only when location and rotation are both set to 0, and scale is set to 1 in Delta Transform.
- Color Brush:
Group the guides by different colors.
The color groups can be edited.
Only Active: When enabled, only the colors of the active particle system will be displayed; when disabled, the colors of all the particle systems will be displayed.
Use Color Brush: Enable/Disable the colors.
- Use Radius Curve: Control the shape of the guides with the curve.
- In the 3D brush mode, the guides can be moved by the Comb brush with Preserve Root Length disabled, which are only horizontal movements along the surface. If vertical movements are required, please use the 2D brush.
- The built-in brushes, including Length, Cut, and Weight, only support the 2D mode and are not affected by Use 3D Brush, Mode Change or Brush Scale.
- With the Use 3D Brush and Mode Change enabled, when the modes of the brush aren’t switched correctly, please click again to activate the switch.
- When a guide whose second point from the root is in the brush area, it will be groomed by the brush.
- If Blender runs slow when the colors of the particle systems are displayed, please disable Use Color Brush.
- If you find the colors are missing after reopening your project, please enter the Particle Edit Mode of a random particle system and click at any position without guide. After that, the colors can be displayed correctly when you come back to Object Mode.
Date: Mar 31, 2021
1. Fix the issue that the guides are attracted into one point, rather than the motion path of the brush when the Continuous Attract is enabled.
2. Fix the issue that the guides are displayed with X-Ray in the Particle Edit mode.
3. Add the feature that the rotation angle of the Clone Brush can be controlled by the shortcut.
Date: Sep 11, 2020
1. Add the feature that the colors can be modified when the non-Color Brush is applied.
2. Support RTX GPU rendering.
3. Fix the issue caused by memory leakage that the Clone Brush doesn’t work when the object isn’t at the origin.
4. Fix the issue that the Length in the Smooth Brush doesn’t work when the guides are in the Tip Select mode.
5. Fix the issue that Orient brush works incorrectly in the Sunder Mode.
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.