HairTG – Hair Clump Tool
HairTG – Hair Clump Tool is a texture generation tool for Substance Designer and Substance sbsar hosts such as the free Substance Player. It creates procedural hair/fur clump textures suitable to use with hair cards or as alphas into painting apps. It can also be used to generate non-hair textures for designs based on patterns along curves.
- Outputs Mask, Alpha (opacity), ID and Depth (height) maps and an optional Color map.
- Quickly create variations based on a given design by simply changing a random seed value.
- Generate parent hair strands from which can be derived a large number of child strands.
- Curve individual strands or strand groups along various vertical locations.
- Taper or spread hair strands at various locations to shape the clump.
- Hair strand thickness control, independently at root and tip, with midpoint and three variation types: linear, cosine and Xn.
- Position the strands, rotate them and let them drift from each other at multiple locations using controlled random ranges.
- Fade root and tip of the hair with controlled and random factors.
- Generate automatic depth profiles for each parent strand, or use custom ones.
- Comb child strand, control their dispersion globally and towards tip.
- Let child strand depth profiles derive more or less from their parent.
- Use a visualizer tool to shape automatic depth profiles.
- Choose the range of grayscale levels to generate the ID map.
- Use it for non-hair textures bringing custom grayscale or color patterns to shape designs along curves.
Content of the Pack
- HairTG – Hair Clump Tool in sbsar format
- Demo sbs file using the tool
- User manual/release notes
- License notice and disclaimer
HairTG – Hair Clump Tool was created and tested with Substance Designer 2018.3.3. It is recommended to use it into this environment, it is however likely to run with other sbsar hosts respecting the same specifications.
This product is provided with a Personal license (non-commercial) as defined by FlippedNormals license scheme, please see this page for more information. If you need a commercial license, please contact the author.
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.