HairTG – Strand for Substance Designer is a limited version of HairTG – Freestyle (part of HairTG – Hair Clump Tool) supporting a single strand.
- Drawing of a single strand, pattern based, to be positioned with 10 movable control points into the 2D view of Substance Designer.
- Outputs Mask, Alpha, ID, Depth, Flow maps (with two filters), Gradient Ramp and Color map for color patterns.
- Strand thickness control independently at root and tip, with midpoint and three variation types: Linear, Cosine and Xn (n configurable).
- Support for automatic and user-provided depth profiles (to generate the Depth map).
- Automatic depth profiles are controlled by frequency (number of variations) and a random amplitude amount.
- The automatic depth profile can be visualized as a curve to ease its design.
- The strand start/end/height is configurable.
- A fade effect (Alpha and Color outputs) can be applied to the strand’s root and tip. The fade amounts for root and tip are configurable as well as the position of a midpoint separating the two. The fading effect also has a controllable randomization factor so all strands may not fade at the same location.
- Gray levels in the ID map are configurable through a range to determine the lowest and highest possible level.
- Strand thickness for Mask, ID and Flow maps can be adjusted.
- Utility to visualize Flow map directions with a choice of two direction patterns and two sizes.
- Grayscale and color custom patterns are supported for drawing strands in addition to a default grayscale pattern.
- Pattern iteration count per curve part is configurable.
- Pattern can be rotated function of the curve flow or not.
Content of the pack
- HairTG – Strand in sbsar format
- Demo sbs file
- User manual
- License notice and disclaimer
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.