Intro to 3D Kitbashing for Environment Design
3D kit bashing can be a fantastic creative and concept design technique, but how do you come with the kitbash set in the first place ? And how do you make sure you create a consistent visual language that will be usable when designing larger scale environments?
In this tutorial, I’m introducing afast and effective kitbashing technique allowing to quickly develop a complex set from scratch and jump in the design task in less than 2 hours.
This is part 1 in the series – Part 2 is available here.
- 1 hour lecture on iterative kit bashing
- 2 kitbash sets (Stones and rocks)
- Zbrush scene
- Keyshot scene
- 1h30″ bonus video showing the painting process in Photoshop (no audio).
- 1 PSB file
Main points covered
- Designing a concept art oriented kit bash set in zbrush
- Designing an environment using a kitbash set
- How to sculpt for concept art paintings
- How to keep a low polycount for large scale scenes design
- Bonus (no audio): full painting process in photoshop
- Zbrush 2018
- Keyshot 6.3
- Photoshop CC 2017
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.