Making a Futuristic Crate
Desmond Man is currently an Environment Artist working in AAA console games. What he loves most about his job is that he gets to make cool games with colleagues which he considers more as friends. The project that he had worked on the he is the most proud of was Laser League because he had a lot of creative freedom and support when building the environments. Desmond had always been an artistic person but most of his inspiration began from watching cartoons. He had always loved animation as a child and how people made cartoon animations astounded him. He went to a university to take 3D art and instantly fell in love with it. He knew he wanted to pursue 3D art as a career but wasn’t sure which field in the 3D industry he wanted to get into. When he played the video game Last of Us, it had changed his life and he made up his mind that he wanted to be in the game industry. His advice for artists just starting out is to work really hard. He believes the hard work is worth it and having your own art style, art alias, and your own set of skills that only “you” understand is actually really cool.
In this course, Desmond will take you to the complete game asset creation where you will be producing a futuristic crate prop. He will show you his techniques of modeling and more importantly he will show you his artistic theory while you slowly build the prop. The program pipeline that you will be going through the course is sculpting in Zbrush, retopologizing and unwrapping in 3ds Max, preparation for baking, texturing in Substance painter, and finally exporting out textures and rendering out the asset in Marmoset Toolbag. As you go through this course, Desmond aims to be as casual and open about his full process when approaching art and explaining why he would or wouldn’t do in certain situations. He is excited to dive into teaching and share with you what he had learned during his time as an environment artist.
What you’ll learn
- Acquire artistic theory in modeling and texturing game props
- Understand the industry pipeline of creating AAA quality game asset
- How to efficiently retopologize
- Prepare models for baking
- Create believable scratches, dirt, and discoloration
- Render high quality finished product for portfolio presentation
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Intermediate knowledge of Zbrush, 3ds Max, Substance Painter and Marmoset
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants advanced tips and tricks on how to create a game-ready asset
- Anyone who wants to learn the process of modeling and texturing AAA quality prop
What is included:
- Video files
- Project files
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.