Begin Your Journey Here
Learning to model is fundamental to becoming a 3D artist, whether you want to become an animator, rigger, or continue to model, you must understand the basics of modeling first. I will take you from zero knowledge to a confident Maya user for modeling. This is the first in a series of ‘Maya for Beginners’ courses, the order I recommend if you want a broad knowledge of Maya is: 3D Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Animation, and FX.
We will cover:
- Two projects: modeling a Ghostbuster trap and a cartoon skeleton character
- Hard and Organic modeling
- Box vs. Edge Modeling Techniques
- Understand what is topology, why it’s important, and how to control it
- Using reference images
- Mirroring geometry
- Learn fundamental modeling tools that will allow you to create anything
- Part 1 Maya for Beginners: 3D Modeling < You are here
- Part 2 Maya for Beginners: Texturing
- Part 3 Maya for Beginners: Rigging
- Part 4 Maya for Beginners: Animation
- Part 5 Maya for Beginners: Dynamic FX
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.