Rattan Rocker | A Complete Game Asset Workflow
If you have ever been interested in learning how to create game-ready assets using efficient, non-destructive workflow techniques then this is the course you’ve been looking for! In this course, we will cover the entire game asset workflow from start to finish. We will model, unwrap, texture and finally render out a game-ready rocking horse asset that will also look great for your game-art portfolio.
In this course, you will also learn:
- Two free Blender add-ons to speed up your workflow
- Non-destructive modeling and texturing techniques for flexible designs
- The complete creation of 3 seamless, high-quality materials using Substance Designer
- Texture development and authoring using Substance Painter
- Shooting portfolio renders using both Blender and Marmoset Toolbag 4
Over our 10 hours together, we will get to rapidly develop our rocking horse asset from initial concept to completed piece. We will learn various modifiers within Blender 3D to quickly iterate on our designs and walk through how we can efficiently unwrap our model for high-quality textures. Using Substance Designer, we will create 3 materials entirely from scratch which we can then add to our material library in Substance Painter for re-use later on any project we choose! Finally, we will use Blender and Marmoset Toolbag 4 to capture excellent renders of our hard work to be able to show our friends, family and future employers exactly how great our game development skills are!
Charlie “Chunck” Trafagander is a Freelance Game Artist, Indie Dev, Tutorial-Maker and in general a curious mind. Having worked for a few Indie developers, he has been able to touch most roles in game development, which he also likes to breakdown in various formats on his YouTube channel “Get Learnt”. Currently he is working as a Material Artist in the AAA Game industry.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner 3D Game Artists looking to beef up their portfolio and get comfortable with an industry game asset workflow
- An introductory knowledge of navigating and working in Blender, Substance Designer and Substance Painter will greatly help
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.