Retopology in Blender
Learn how to do retopology in Blender using simple and effective techniques. We cover all the tools you’ll need as well as a lot of fundamental theory. With over 4 hours of training, this covers everything you need to know about retopology. By the end, you’ll know how to retopo your all own characters!
Your instructor, Henning Sanden, has been doing retopology for characters for over a decade – most notably he retopologized the Xenomorph from Alien Covenant. The techniques shown in this series are exactly the same as the ones used on the Xenomorph.
We focus heavily on strong fundamentals in Retopology in Blender. Instead of just showing you the different steps, we cover why you retopo like you do. The concepts shown are applicable in all 3D software and are universal.
Blender Retopology Tools
Throughout Retopology in Blender, we’ll use the default modeling tools. No plugins needed! Blender has a great set of tools which are excellent for retopology. We cover all the modeling tools needed, like extrude, polybuild, merge, f2 – and many more!
- 15 HD Training Videos
- Working files for all Chapters
- 01 – Why Do We Retopo?
- 02 – Customizing Blender 2.81
- 03 – Retopo Settings
- 04 – Retopo Tools
- 05 – Retopo Theory and Process
- 06 – Connecting High and Low Topo
- 07 – Body Topo Theory
- 08 – FAQ
- Modeling the Face – Part 1 – Blocking the Loops
- Modeling the Face – Part 2 – Filling in the Loops
- Modeling the Face – Part 3 – ears
- Modeling the Face – Part 4 – refinement
- Modeling the Face – Part 5 – finishingTheHead
- Modeling the Face – Part 6 – Gums and Teeth
- Modeling the Face – Part 7 – Finalizing
- Blender 2.81
Very well done. Learned a lot. Doing it a couple of times with my own head models. At my age, I need to do this process a few times for it to sink in. Getting “thick-headed
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Did you find this review helpful?
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.