SBSAR Link Add-On for Blender
This update to the SBSAR Link Add-on (or Plug-in) allows you to use Substance Designer files (.sbsars) directly in Blender and adjust them and see the results in the viewport easily so you can iterate faster and speed up your texturing workflow.
Since the SBSAR format is proprietary and protected by Substance, to use this plugin is required that you have installed the Substance Automation Toolkit which is not included here, you’ll need to download it from the Substance 3D website.
The latest plugin version works with Blender 2.80+, it is compatible with Eevee, Cycles and Octane Renderers. It uses Substance 3D’s Substance Automation Toolkit 2019.3.0+ and it is available for Windows, MacOS and Linux based systems.
You can see the Add-on working here: https://youtu.be/kC8DFG-JLu8
And some tutorials on how to use the Add-on below. I will add more as I continue to develop and improve the Add-on and its features.
- Use Substance files from Substance designer (.sbsars) directly in Blender
- Out of the box support for the materials available in Substance Source
- File browser for easy navigation between substances
- Work with substances based on the PBR Metal/Roughness workflow
- Works with Cycles, Eevee and Octane materials
- Parameters are obtained dynamically from the substance file
- Live viewport update (experimental)
- Support for Emissive, Opacity and Height additional channels
- Auto-assign materials to the selected objects
- Customizable bit-depth export
- Material instancing for easy iteration
- Substance Image Gallery (v.2.1+)
- Favorites folder (v.2.1+)
ROADMAP (non-specific order)
Since I already got some great feedback from the Blender community I already started developing some new features and I’ll add them as I progress on them, accordingly on what the active users are looking for.
- Add PBR Specular/Glossiness workflow
- Add more third party renderers support
- Keyable parameters
CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS OR HELP WITH THE ADD-ON
If you are having any issues or question about the Add-on, the easiest way to contact me is through my Discord Server just make sure you post on the correct channel and please do not spam. I will get to you as soon as I can.
Don’t forget to follow to get a hold of the updates and projects I’m working on, and if you feel generous support so I can continue developing and improving my CGI tools and create content.
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/xolotl_studio
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/XolotlStudio
- Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mmMTeHj
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/xolotl_studio / https://twitter.com/ymmanuel_who
- Artstation – https://www.artstation.com/ymmanuel
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.