Emiel Sleegers always had love for video games and when he was young, he started using Unity3D for programming but he found himself gravitating more towards the art of making games. Now he is currently working as an environment artist in Ubisoft. He contributed to creating AAA games such as Forza Horizon 3 and The Division 2. His all time favorite game is The Last of Us and that video game is what inspired him to want to work in the game industry. His advice for beginner artists is to focus on one aspect of gaming that they are passionate about, stick to it and get better at it. His hobbies include anything related to games or films, whether it be working on personal projects, freelance work or going out for movies.
Hey everyone, my name is Emiel Sleegers. I’m a 3D artist currently working for one of the biggest game companies Ubisoft. Finding a Blender course on creating a game environment that will take your skills to a whole new level can be hard to find. But don’t worry, I am here to show you my workflow that will guide you in creating a professional environment like you see in AAA video games that you play today.
In this course, we will go through the entire pipeline of creating a game-ready environment.
The major topics we will be covering are:
- High Poly to Low Poly Modeling using Blender
- Proper UV unwrapping in Blender
- Baking maps in Marmoset Toolbag
- Detailing & Texturing in Substance Painter
- Scene setup, lighting, & post effects in Unreal Engine
By the end of this course, you will be able to create a clean and amazing futuristic game environment.
Before beginning this course, you should have a basic knowledge of Blender, Substance Painter, Marmoset Toolbag and Unreal Engine.
If you want to be a 3D environment artist, you need to know the latest tools, methods, and strategies to better strengthen your skills to get closer to your goal. This course will put you ahead of 99.9% of all beginners out there when it comes to game environment creation. In this course, you will learn the proper workflow and techniques that will allow you to build a complete production-ready scene. If you are serious about elevating your skills, sign up for this course, at Victory3D.
What you’ll learn
- High Poly to Low Poly Modeling
- Proper way of unwrapping clean UVs
- Creating professional baked maps
- Normal map detailing & texturing
- Game design level building
- Art of effective lighting
- Post processing and effects
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Basic knowledge of Blender, Marmoset Toolbag, Substance Painter, and Unreal Engine
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to know how to create an AAA game environment
- Anyone who wants to become a better artist
What is included in the course:
- Project files
- Video files
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.