Ultimate Environmental Texture Creation Course
Learn every technique you need to create tileable materials for both games and film all in one course!
In this course, you will learn how to create everything from procedural materials to sculpted materials to photogrammetry materials.
SUBSTANCE DESIGNER, ZBRUSH, REALITY CAPTURE
In this course, we will go over how to create both beginner and advanced procedural materials using Substance Designer.
We will go over how to sculpt materials using Zbrush and Substance Designer, And we will go over how to scan photogrammetry materials and convert them into 3d using Reality Capture.
This course contains over 14.5 hours of content. all the videos are divided up – per material and correctly named. We will start by creating a basic tiles material using Substance Designer, this is a perfect material for beginners. Once that is done we will move on to creating an advanced tarmac material also using 100% substance designer. We will then go over how to create a material that using a combination of sculpting in Zbrush and Texturing in Substance Designer. Finally, I will show you how to capture materials using photogrammetry and convert them into a perfect tileable 2d material. All the baking and final renders will be done using Marmoset Toolbag 4
This course includes content for every skill level, From beginner to advanced. I do recommend that you know the bare bones of the programs we use (meaning knowing what the program is and how to navigate) but beyond that point, you should be able to follow along with every material.
- Substance Designer
- Substance Painter
- Reality Capture
- Marmoset Toolbag 4
Emiel Sleegers is a senior environment and material artist currently working in the AAA Game Industry. He’s worked on games like The Division 2 + DLC at Ubisoft, Forza Horizon 3 at Playground Games, and as a Freelancer on multiple projects as an Environment Artist and Material Artist.
The chapters are divided up into 5 folders
- Folder 1 – How to create a basic substance designer material, This chapter includes 5 video files with a run-time of 1h40m
- Folder 2 – How to create an advanced substance designer material, This chapter includes 15 video files with a run-time of 4h50m
- Folder 3 – How to create a sculpted material, This chapter includes 16 video files with a run-time of 4h50m
- Folder 4 – How to create photogrammetry materials, This chapter includes 8 video files with a run-time of 2h
- Folder 5 – Bonus Chapters (polishing materials and creating unreal scene), This chapter includes 2 video files with a run-time of 1h
Emiel Sleeger is simply a phenomenal artist with great understanding of the art and the software. I have always loved his workflow and this tutorial was just magnificent as expected. I highly recommend this to any artist who is learning or improving his texturing workflow.
Thank you for your feedback.
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.