Ultimate Hard Surface Tutorial:
Turret Gun Complete Edition
Complete Edition Content
- 22 HD Video Files
- Final blockout .OBJ file
- Final high poly .OBJ file
- Final low poly .FBX file
- All scripts & plugins that I am using in 3ds Max
- All plugins & materials that I am using in ZBrush
- Final DDO Project File
- Final Textures in TGA format
- Final Marmoset Toolbag Rendering File
- PSD File with High poly Render Setup
- PSD File with Low poly Render Setup
40 hours of video in MP4 / WMV format – with narration in English
Complete Edition Chapters
- Intro to Max (4hr 46m, full audio commentary)
- Intro to MeshFusion and Zbrush (1hr 30m, full audio commentary)
- Blockout (1hr 23m – about 80% audio commentary)
- Highpoly (13hr 46m, 8 videos – about 50% audio commentary)
- Keyshot & Photoshop Highpoly Rendering (2hr 4m, 90% audio commentary)
- Lowpoly (3hr 59m, 2 videos – about 50% audio commentary)
- UV coordinates (2videos, 3hr 18m – about 50% audio commentary)
- Baking (1hr 57 min – about 50% audio commentary)
- Quixel Texturing (4hr 22m, 2 videos – full audio commentary)
- Rendering in Marmoset Toolbag (2hr 47m, full audio commentary)
What You’ll Learn
Are you thinking about a career as a 3D artist in the video game industry? Do you want to become a faster and more efficient modeler – and learn the latest techniques in 3d modeling, rendering and game art? This tutorial will help you understand and apply all aspects of creating high-quality PBR game assets!
Learn the basics of Max, Modo’s MeshFusion and ZBrush in the introduction chapters of this tutorial. Create ultra-realistic, state-of-the-art high poly models in the block-out and high poly modeling chapters. Learn how to create stunning renders of the high poly asset in Keyshot and Photoshop.
Create a game ready, low poly mesh with an efficient UV layout. Learn how to bake your game asset using Xnormal.
Create PBR textures for your object using Quixels DDO and Photoshop. Learn how to create stunning renders of the final game asset for your portfolio in Marmoset Toolbag and Photoshop.
This course has it all – and contains everything you need to know to become an expert game artist!
The Following Tutorials Are Included
- Ultimate Hardsurface Tutorial – Turretgun – Intro to Max, Meshfusion and Zbrush
- Ultimate Hardsurface Tutorial – Turretgun – Highpoly Modeling
- Ultimate Hardsurface Tutorial – Turretgun – Keyshot Rendering
- Ultimate Hardsurface Tutorial – Turretgun – Low poly, UV and Baking
- Ultimate Hardsurface Tutorial – Turretgun – DDO and Marmoset
- 3ds Max 2015
- Quixel DDO
- Marmoset Toolbag
- Various scripts and plugins
Some of the scripts that I am using in 3ds Max, like Rappatools, need to be bought separately if you want to use them. They are not needed to follow the basic principles of this course, but will speed up your workflow.
Do not sell the included files and assets in any way and do not use the files or the final turret gun asset for commercial purposes. This tutorial is meant to be for a single user and is not meant to be shared. By purchasing the content you agree to these terms.
Hi! I’m Simon – Senior Artist II at Blizzard Entertainment, currently working on Overwatch.
I started my career in video games at Crytek, where I contributed to Crysis Wars, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 and Warface. After that, I joined Blizzard where I worked on Project Titan, Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void and Overwatch.
I’ve been working in the industry for over 14 years and enjoy creating tutorials where I share all my tips and techniques that I have picked up throughout the years. Let me help you avoid making mistakes and let me give you the latest technique, workflow, and knowledge for game ready AAA 3D art creation.
More Hard Surface Tutorials
- Military Radio – Modeling & Texturing Complete Edition
- Hard Surface Basics 01 – Using UV coordinates to deform geometry
- Hardsurface Basics 02 – Spline deformer and carving meshes with Max and ZBrush
- Hard Surface Basics 03 – Using 3ds Max and ZBrush
- Hard Surface Basics 04 – Photon Cannon and modeling approach
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.