Ultimate Weapon Tutorial – Complete Edition – 3Ds Max/Substance Painter/Marmoset
- 14 HD Video Files
- Final high-poly AKM .OBJ file and low-poly .FBX file
- 7.62 cartridge .OBJ / Max file for reference
- Essential reference images
- Pivot Script for 3Ds Max
- My shortcut file for 3Ds Max
- Checker-pattern texture for unwrapping
- Procedural wood substance for texturing
- Diamond pattern normal map
Duration: 17hrs 33min video MP4 format with full audio commentary in English
Are you thinking about a 3D Artist career in the video game industry? This tutorial will help you understand and apply all aspects of creating high quality hard surface game art. Learn 3Ds Max with the Basics & Beyond Chapter and how to model and unwrap efficiently in the following hours featuring the AKM. Create textures as close to photo realism as possible with Substance Painter and make the portfolio shine by creating renders with Marmoset Toolbag 2. At the end we are going to post process those renders in Photoshop to get that extra edge out of it. This Course has it all.
The following tutorials are included
- 3Ds Max 2016 – Basics & Beyond
- AKM – 3Ds Max 2016 – Modeling
- AKM – 3Ds Max 2016 – Unwrapping
- AKM – Substance Painter – Texturing
- AKM – Marmoset – Renders
Software used: 3Ds Max 2016, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag 2.
Important: the modeling part of the tutorial makes heavy use of the “chamfer” modifier which is only available in 3Ds Max 2015 and 2016. If you have an older version of 3Ds Max you can instead google for a third party modifier called “quad chamfer”.
Hi! I’m Tim – Senior Weapons Artist at Digital Extremes where I proudly contribute to their latest game!I started my 3D Artist career at Crytek before working at Ubisoft Toronto for five years. I worked on titles such as Far Cry 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist and the Crysis series as well as other non disclosed titles. In my spare time I enjoy creating tutorials in which I share all my tips and tricks which I gathered over the years. Let me help you avoiding mistakes and equipping you with powerful techniques and knowledge in game ready 3D art creation. See you in the tutorial! Cheers, Tim
See you in the tutorials 🙂
- https://www.facebook.com/ChamferZone Follow the ChamferZone Facebook page for the latest news and updates
- https://www.youtube.com/c/ChamferZone Official ChamferZone YouTube tutorials for FREE tutorials and paid tutorial news updates.
- https://www.artstation.com/artist/timbergholz More samples of my work can be seen here
- https://discord.gg/sAkTtKG ChamferZone Discord community for tutorial questions or just general 3D Artist related talk stuff 🙂
- https://twitter.com/chamferzone I am not too active on twitter but .. I’ll try to be!
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.