Unreal Engine 4: Complete Creation of Two Natural Scenes
In this course I will give you all my techniques to allow you create your own scenes with advanced rendering.
Besides revealing my secrets for the Unreal Engine 4, I will show you how to create your own models on 3ds Max, with the Megascans library textures. As I want to show you the best, I cannot miss Speedtree in which we will create all our vegetation models as trees, ground vegetation or more generic vegetation like ferns or clovers. Because materials hold the visual power of any rendering, we will create one by one all the materials needed for our scenes. It means one shader for vegetation, landscape, decals or Megascans assets.
We will implement everything from material functions to Master Materials, ending with easy-to-configure Material Instances. Once we have acquired the basics with our first scene, we will go further with a second one to show you that it is possible to create optimized models directly in Speedtree. Staying in Speedtree, we will create our own textures to create unique designs. Doing beautiful is very good but when it is optimized it is better, that’s why I will show you how to create combined textures called “Atlas” that will group several models on one.
Next we will move on textures creation such as grass, rock, earth, riverbed, but also a clean road texture and another one totally damaged, all with Quixel Mixer 2019. Finally we will put all our creations in two different scenes on the Unreal Engine 4.The first one will take place by a riverside when the second one will be more mysterious and will feature a lost road.
You are not interested in designing models or creating shaders and all you want to do is learn how to create your own scene? No problem, you’ll find in the course resources two ready-to-use Unreal projects, one for each scene, allowing you to focus only on what’s essential for you, the composition.
What I will learn?
- Create standard and advanced models with Speedtree
- Create simple and complexe textures with Quixel Mixer 2019
- Create vegetation models optimized for realtime rendering
- Create specific materials (Landscape, Vegetation, Assets)
- Create your own combined textures directly in Speedtree (Atlases)
- Add a lot of details without losing performance with Decals
- Getting the best tessellation that UE4 can support
- Setting up a Post Process to get realistic rendering
- Setting up lighting and general aspect of a scene
- Create HDRIs with Nvidia Ansel
- Improve textures with Photoshop
What I will get?
- +50 hours of step-by-step video tutorial
- 21 downloadable .zip.
- 1080/30fps resolution
- Three Unreal Projects for learning from the start or for scene creation only (.uproject)
- Unreal Engine 4
- Quixel Megascans, Bridge & Mixer (2019)
- 3ds Max
- Intermediate for Unreal Engine
- Beginners for others
- Knowing the basics of Unreal Engine 4 (Object placement, camera movement…)
- Have the 4.22.3 version of Unreal Engin (or higher)
- Speedtree for UE4 licence (8.4 or higher)
- Quixel Mixer and Bridge installed
- Photoshop or equivalent
- All the texture used in this course are not included to the project file.
- This course was created in version 4.22.3 and it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to use THE SAME version! If you choose to use another version, be aware that you may encounter possible errors not covered in this course.
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.